Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Conejologia » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Conejologia

Subject title: Need some feedback!

Hi I'm new in this forum, my name is Carlos, I did this digital painting a while ago but I think I can improve much more, some critique?
Spiderman-2099 copia.png

Postby Ab Captain » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:16 am

Ab Captain

Something that stands out to me as strange is the contrast between the jagged lines of the webbing (I'm assuming that's what is is) and the smooth curve behind his head (which also leads into the focus, nice touch!). The jagged lines make it look stiff, a consistent application of curved lines in the webbing would make it appear like flowing fabric or whatever.
I'm not familiar with the context/story of the character but the environment looks pretty drab and desolate, almost like the city has been abandoned. I don't know if that was intentional. But it gives the piece a really dark and lonely vibe. If that was intentional; you totally nailed that vibe, if it was unintentional I would suggest having something going on in the background.
Overall, the piece looks really nice, the rendering of the character and background are very solid. I think you've got the focal point spot on and the perspective is generally correct from what I can tell.
Tear my art to shreds (Preferably constructively)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90773

Postby goago » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:59 pm

goago

Im not sure but if we look down at the torso of the character, i feel like it should be more foreshortened?

Return to Critique This!