Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby SlimRock » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:45 pm

SlimRock

Subject title: Heroes and Villains X-ter Challenge

Hi Guys, here are all the Heroes and Villains I worked on for the Artstation Challenge. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot, I urge everyone to participate in any Art challenges wherever you may find them ;) : )
Any suggestions of how I would have approached the characters differently are welcome
If you guys wish to check out the progress, u can check it out here https://www.artstation.com/artist/muk1r1/challenges
Beyond Squads-1rez.jpg

Postby Spider » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:00 am

Spider

This might be more of a personal preference but to me your heroes just don't look like heroes, and your villains don't look like villains. They are fantastic designs by themselves, but the really cool white colors and the alien headgear of the heroes made me think they were the villains before I scrolled down and noticed the labels. I think an easy fix would to just choose switch the color scheme between them, use warmer colors for the heroes and use cooler colors for the villains. They have awesome designs though. :D

Postby SlimRock » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:54 pm

SlimRock

Thanks for the critique Spider. I definitely should have considered other colors for the x-ters. But I really wanted the bad guys to have the gold and time was moving fast for the challenge. but it was a learning experience for sure ;) .
Spider wrote:This might be more of a personal preference but to me your heroes just don't look like heroes, and your villains don't look like villains. They are fantastic designs by themselves, but the really cool white colors and the alien headgear of the heroes made me think they were the villains before I scrolled down and noticed the labels. I think an easy fix would to just choose switch the color scheme between them, use warmer colors for the heroes and use cooler colors for the villains. They have awesome designs though. :D

Return to Critique This!