Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby MareofAsgard » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:08 pm

MareofAsgard

Subject title: NSFW? Please Critique

I wasn't sure if this qualified as a Illustration or not. But this idea has been bugging (hahaha you know cause bees) me for a while. I actually really like this but would greatly appreciate a Critique to see what I can make better.
Hive Heart.png

Postby Gryephon » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:16 pm

Gryephon

Is that boob gangrene? I cannot unsee that.

While I mean this in a compliment sort of way... I can't think of any art piece that I've been so grossed out at. Congrats.
If you clean a vacuum cleaner, you become a vacuum cleaner.

Sketchbook: Click Here
Deviant: Click Here

Postby MareofAsgard » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:19 pm

MareofAsgard

No. That's actually where I'm struggling the most getting what's going on there to show through. The chest being pretty much ripped open and a beehive sitting in the cavity @-@ However I'm failing in that regard and am not certain how to fix it.

Since it is a gorey kind of thing, I'll accept the compliment. Lol.

Postby gricc » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:37 am

gricc

I think you'd need to change your composition if you want that to be the main focus, try zooming in a bit more so you can really put in the detail
Sinix 2.0

Postby naundeeey » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:47 pm

naundeeey

Your Values are all over the place, too scattered and unorganized.

The simpler the better. Work from big to small, simple shapes first, details last:
You see how her light skin sticks out of the whole picture? And the bright areas against the darks get more attention.

Then maybe chose harmonic colors. For example complementary: Strong centered red against weak big green:

After you established your composition you can go in and add detail like the bees, flowers etc.. But they should not disrupt the initial composition and should not distract from the main focal point.

EDIT: I also noticed that you've hidden her hands and feet. This is a bad habit. Force yourself to bring in hands and feet.

Return to Critique This!