Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Troll-toll » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Troll-toll

Subject title: how can i make it pop more, or make it stronger in general

http://pre03.deviantart.net/1cec/th/pre/i/2017/201/2/2/art_fight_7_by_troll_toll-dbh3g33.png
the lines are a bit messy, thats something i'd improve next time

Postby Ironheart » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:34 pm

Ironheart

Used the curves in photoshop and added a multiply layer to make the guy in the middle really pop out. Hope I could be of some help. ^^

Postby Alpacamood » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Alpacamood

i think its cute, maybe the shoulders/ chest area is a little under developed. also the lighting's a little confusing. i think the fireflies would soften up the shadows in the face a little more, but im not very good at lighting so maybe someone else can give you a better reason. i do like the glowy effects in the ears. the flowers are kinda messy, the arrangement of the pedals dont look very organic. overall i think it's a very nice piece and developing it would really help it out!

Postby Mandilor » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:52 am

Mandilor

It already pops quite a bit, don't think that needs to be changed but it does have a bunch of little flaws that add up.

She is cross eyed.
The flowers are flat.
Neck/shoulder anatomy is off.
The glow on the fireflies is week and looks barely done. I would've thought that would be one of the more interesting parts to paint but you haven't painted it at all.
The edges of the clouds could be better, softer.

Postby Alpacky » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:42 am

Alpacky

In terms of how to make it "pop" more. Lower the saturation of the backgroun abit, and fix the lighting.
Not only does it not really make sense, but the thing s that SHOOULD be highlighted arent, anf the things that SHOULDNT are.
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Return to Critique This!