Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Sdog » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Sdog

Subject title: Samurai Feedback

Hey all. It's been awhile since I've posted here but really trying to go headstrong back into art. Could use some strong feedback on this guy as he is an honest representation of where my art is at right now. For context I'm trying to perfect my character design (need to work on the drawing) and get my overall concept and world building up as well so I can hopefully get into the Film/Gaming realm.

Postby naundeeey » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:02 am

naundeeey

well I want to be honest here.
this is nowhere near to industry-ready. there are severe errors of anatomy, perspective, form and most importantly !proportions!
Proportions are the most important thing for drawing humans/animals and they are the first thing an aspiring artist should learn.

The good thing is that you can just google images of human proportions. They are pretty much free and easy to learn.
https://www.google.de/search?q=realisti ... 66&bih=635

I want to give you a really valuable tipp here:

Memorize realisitc proportions of the human face (front + side) and the human body (front + side).
It will take you just ~ 20 minutes to maybe an hour and your drawing skills will be already better than 90% of deviantart.

Postby Sdog » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 am

Sdog

naundeeey wrote:Memorize realisitc proportions of the human face (front + side) and the human body (front + side).
It will take you just ~ 20 minutes to maybe an hour and your drawing skills will be already better than 90% of deviantart.

I will spend my whole evening after work tomorrow doing just that! Thank you for the feedback!

Postby Josephcow » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 am

Josephcow

naundeeey wrote:

Sick burn!!! :lol:

Postby Alpacky » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:45 am

Alpacky

Inject those fundmentals and this would look pretty sweet :D
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Return to Critique This!