Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby SlimRock » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:21 am

SlimRock

Subject title: Which one Works Best !!

Sup guys. Which one works best ? I kinda want to work more on the 4 arms dude : ) This is my third entry in the Artstation challenge. You can follow my progress here https://www.artstation.com/artist/muk1r1
Proverbs test.jpg

Postby Audiazif » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:02 am

Audiazif

SlimRock wrote:I kinda want to work more on the 4 arms dude

Then do that one. Why would you choose to work on something you are not feeling? The one with the 4 arms shows that you like it. I see a drastic difference between the two. The on on the right is like "meh" compared to the left on. I am not just talking about the amount of finish, the gesture, silhouette, and continuity (everything floating) of the 4 armed one is superior.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby gricc » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:48 am

gricc

I like the one on the right personally, but if you're feeling the left then just do it
Sinix 2.0

Postby Engell79 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:43 am

Engell79

i like the left one better.

it has a lot of symmetry in form and expression from the mechanical hover thing to the 'telepatich' arms.

at the same time the left one feels as there is motion, were as the right is more stationary.

Postby SlimRock » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:52 pm

SlimRock

Thanks for all the great comments guys, worked on it some more and here are the results. I thought It could read better with a simpler background as well ;)
Proverbs_i.jpg

Return to Critique This!