Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby SlimRock » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:56 am

SlimRock

Subject title: Artstation Challenge

Its always good to challenge yourself when it comes to Art. Thats why i decided to enter the Artstation challenge for fun. ;) This is one of my character entries ( Genesis ), thought I should share. You can follow the progress on my Arstation https://www.artstation.com/artist/muk1r1
Hero-1.jpg

Postby Mandilor » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:27 pm

Mandilor

Looks really cool. Makes me think of the video game destiny.

I notice you have a hard time with circles and ellipses. This is really evident when looking at the drone and head tail, lekku thing. The drone looks like it should be a sphere but the only circle in him that looks alright is the eye; even the silhouette is off. Also for the lekku thing you need to consider what parts of it we're look up, straight on, and down at.

It's my personal opinion but I think the whole thing would look better and more alive if it was generally brighter. And I do feel like the skin areas should be relatively brighter. Skin is very light in value in general and even much more so when compared to black material. The skin could also use a bit more color to make it feel less dead.

I did a quick paint over. Hope it helps give you some ideas.

Postby SlimRock » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:31 am

SlimRock

Thanks Mandilor, I'll try and look into those critiques. I was painting it in such a rush I may have overlooked some things. :) :)
Mandilor wrote:Looks really cool. Makes me think of the video game destiny.

I notice you have a hard time with circles and ellipses. This is really evident when looking at the drone and head tail, lekku thing. The drone looks like it should be a sphere but the only circle in him that looks alright is the eye; even the silhouette is off. Also for the lekku thing you need to consider what parts of it we're look up, straight on, and down at.

Postby SlimRock » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:52 pm

SlimRock

Second Character for the Artstation challenge. ( Exodus ).
Hero-2.jpg

Return to Critique This!