Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Subject title: How's my perspective?

I recently tried my hand at backgrounds and I'm not quite sure if the perspective is correct-looking. It feels like the desks are sort of just floating there, especially.
i541^cimgpsh_orig.png

Postby Mandilor » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:15 am

Mandilor

Not great. Where is the horizon line? I feel like we're looking ever so slightly down on everything which doesn't work. There should be a point when we start looking straight at or up at somethings. This is most noticeable with the cabinet thingy he is leaning against.

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:58 pm

tomboyhippyprincess

Mandilor wrote:Not great. Where is the horizon line? I feel like we're looking ever so slightly down on everything which doesn't work. There should be a point when we start looking straight at or up at somethings. This is most noticeable with the cabinet thingy he is leaning against.

The horizon was supposed to be that fence behind him but I can see what you mean; it's not very clear. I'll look up some tutorials and try this again later. Thanks for pointing out the issues though, it'll make the second attempt a lot easier.

Postby aWildTomAppeared » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:17 pm

aWildTomAppeared

i think the main thing to change is the line above the fridge thing that he is leaning on Image

Return to Critique This!