Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Inainis » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:07 pm

Inainis

Subject title: Critique My style/ How can i improve

I'm a pretty young artist wanting to improve, i currently draw anime/cartoon style art. I'm looking to improve my style more unique.

If you'd like to check out more of my art for better critique heres one of my art accounts: https://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/inainis/
Last edited by Inainis on Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Audiazif » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:55 pm

Audiazif

If you want to make your style more unique you need to practice things outside your style. You won't see much change if you continue to do the same stuff. Get out of your comfort zone. I also think gaining a new/better understanding of the fundamentals could open things up for you.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby Spider » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:08 am

Spider

It looks like you've got a pretty basic deviantart/anime style. I agree with Audiazif, practice outside your comfort zone. This is optional but stay away from all the cliche stuff, like horns and tails, and hair covering one eye, the fangs and pointed ears, just focus on learning some fundamentals and you'll find your style that way.

Postby KitKat » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:29 pm

KitKat

just focus on learning some fundamentals and you'll find your style that way.

Ive learned my fundamentals and I havent found my style yet lol. But, I agree with Audiazif and Spider. I recommend that you base your fundamental learning session on a certain goal that you wish to attain. For example, you wanna draw a devil girl in dynamic poses. Then, you'll just have to spend time studying female anatomy and gesture.

In terms of style, find a few artists that you like and analyze their styles. Dont steal their style/art but try to incorporate some of their techniques into your drawings. It would be good also if you take some inspiration from your daily life/interests. It'll add some personality to your art. Good luck!

Postby Fantelle » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Fantelle

KitKat wrote:Ive learned my fundamentals ...

Just wanted to comment on this because you'll never finish studying the fundamentals of art. Be happy with what you've achieved but never stop there!

Postby naundeeey » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 pm

naundeeey

Inainis, I noticed that you "hide" hands and feet alot. Not a good habit.

That aside I'd suggest you study some fundamentals. Like proportions and anatomy. Style comes at the very end.

Postby gricc » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:15 pm

gricc

for sure go back to fundamentals before style
Sinix 2.0

Return to Critique This!