Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Kavilen » Tue May 30, 2017 8:31 am

Kavilen

Subject title: Critique me! Please?

Now, this isn't done, of course. I will be painting it in later, but I just wanted some critiques on how I can improve her before I began to finalize. Any critique will help. Anatomy, posture, line work, you name it! Thanks in advance!
Mermaid Sabrine.jpg

Postby giwayume » Tue May 30, 2017 5:53 pm

giwayume

I can see some thought went in to how the anatomy generally looks, squash and stretch on the bending torso, and the fact that her raised arm pulls up the pectoralis muscle which raises the breast.

I think you need some refining on the proportions a bit. The head seems too small and both arms a little short.

When drawing your contours, try to avoid the "snowman" effect. On her left arm (viewer's right) the contours are curved too much and they both end at the same place in the elbow (this shouldn't happen, you should see more of a point on the inside of the elbow which starts a contour slightly lower down on the arm). If you're using a reference check the arm again and if you're not using a reference, find one.

Return to Critique This!