Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby snisetski » Fri May 12, 2017 6:32 pm

snisetski

Subject title: I really need help please and thank you

Someone please help me make this dynamic pose look better! I want it from a higher angle, not super high but just a little above the forehead-ish
IMG_1452.JPG

Postby Alpacky » Sun May 14, 2017 3:25 am

Alpacky

I dunno what to say.
Practice drawing the person win only boxes, like this:
IMG_1624.JPG

I think it would help a lot
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Postby lilla » Tue May 16, 2017 1:30 pm

lilla

I can't really figure out what your intention with this pose was, but I tried to make a suggestion anyway! Maybe it's far away from your original intention... But I would say that you should reeeeeally learn a bit about gesture if you want your poses to look more dynamic. Try to include foreshortening and/or 1. tilting and 2. twisting of the body with opposing and dynamic angles for example between shoulders and hips.
Untitled-1.jpg

Postby Olórin » Tue May 16, 2017 11:53 pm

Olórin

Not really a critique, but I was playing with your pose and did these. Perhaps it can help.

Postby z4m97 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:32 pm

z4m97

hello buddy! nice to see you keep progressing :D

so, i'd say that those dynamic perspectives are one of the hardest things to draw xDbut i gave it a shot to show you an easier process:

1st: here's the pose with a dynamic perspective, when you want to draw something dynamic, try and imagine how it would look with a wide angle lens

this is not particullary distorted, but it has a very pronounced perspective...

2.- try and use box mentality, by keeping in mind where are the x,y, and z axis, you can make your job much easier

3.- try and imagine the character standing in a box, it makes it easier to understand andmarks and how perspective acts on the body, so you have to learn how to build a character from basic objects that can be easily put into perspective :D

4.- by using this box mentality, you can also add props that respect the perspective of the enviroment, like this travel backpack (cause why not)

hope it helps, have a nice day and keep smiling :D

Return to Critique This!