Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby dpanand1994 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:53 pm

dpanand1994

Subject title: Beginner at drawing, tips needed

I have just started drawing. Need some tips and also some advice on where to start learning as a beginner.
IMG_20170404_224919776_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170328_120245300.jpg

Postby Alpacky » Mon May 01, 2017 3:11 am

Alpacky

It looks like your simply looking at the pictures, and then trying to put hwat you see on the page.
This works, but human error, in terms of, how big one thing is, compared to another, is always involved. Additionally you wont learn very much about drawing. Youll learn how to copy photos well, maybe. You get better at stuff the more you do it. The more photos you copy, the better you get at copying photos.
But, if, when copying the photos, you try to UNDERSTAND the THREE dimensional object, instead of drawing your flat screen, it will look a ton better, and you will improve in areas of drawing that arent just copying from reference heavily.

Your on the sycra forum, go watch some sycra videos. Even if it doesnt relate to something your trying to learn he gives good general advice.
Keep it up. There is definately potential here.
I like the last one especially. Your linework is pretty good
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Postby giwayume » Tue May 02, 2017 1:32 pm

giwayume

I'll repeat what Alpacky said, learn to think in 3d.

That is the best tip you can give any beginner. Construct your drawings in basic 3d shapes and think about the perspective. Really try to think how the drawing works in 3d space. Otherwise, you just end up as a copier who is really good at impressing non-artists by copying exactly what they see from real life, but you don't understand a bit of what you're drawing.

Return to Critique This!