Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Erekem » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:31 pm

Erekem

Subject title: Portrait critique

Here is something i have drawn for a challange on cube brush forums.
Critique values proportions and anything that i missed.
And by the way the beam of light is coming from behind the character not form the front.
I have a sketch book but its really old its not that great.
I updated it recently.
Sketchbook
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14306
Artstation
https://www.artstation.com/artist/erekem
rose.jpg

Postby Alpacky » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Alpacky

I personally dont care much for perfection, and, honestly, hope you dont change this.

But. If your going for super perfect and rendered.
The eyes aren't even. They dont really fit in the form of the face, which could be fixed by some simple adjusting.

Once again, I hope you dont, however, or, if you do, you fix is subtley.
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Postby Audiazif » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Audiazif

The problem that I see and have seen is some of your other pieces is the faces do not look like they are turned. I mean it looks like you took a front view face and put it on a 3/4 view head. Look at the top face to the right without any context, apart from the eyes it is still a front view face. The nose and mouth need to come out and off the center line of the face. Also you are going to see less of the far sides of the features and head. For the head be careful not to show more of the far side of the face than is needed, there is less space than you think. You will not see much if not any of the far nostril and the mouth also has some foreshortening/compression.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Return to Critique This!