Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby SlimRock » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:34 am

SlimRock

Subject title: WAR

Wasup guys. I've been working on this War Dude this past week. Wadd'ya think. Critiques, Suggestions and comments are always welcome : )
War rez.jpg

Postby Alpacky » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 pm

Alpacky

I posted, what is, essentially a critique of this, in your sketchbook.
I didn't know you had posted it in the cirique section or I would have done it here.
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Postby SlimRock » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:51 am

SlimRock

I checked out your comment Alpacky. Thanks for the osum response, I'll try to use your feedback to make concepts read easier. ;)

Postby Mandilor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:09 am

Mandilor

Dang Slim! You've done it again! One thing that pops out immediately is the gradients look really ugly when put next to your rendering. I think it would be worth it in figuring out a way to make blank spaces interesting with little work. Maybe look into finding some sort of textured background or paint one yourself.

I think the light drop off on the flap armor piece (no idea what to call it, the green spicky thin hanging from his waist). I context I feel like it should be more like a cylinder more evenly lit on one side. It looks more like a cone which I feel makes it looked warped.

The hand looks a tad stiff. You could separate the index finger to make it look more natural.

Those are all the nit picks I got.

Postby SlimRock » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:43 am

SlimRock

Thanks for the feedback Mandilor. Its always great to see the the defects
of your own work from someone elses pointy of view.
Mandilor wrote:Dang Slim! You've done it again! One thing that pops out immediately is the gradients look really ugly when put next to your rendering. I think it would be worth it in figuring out a way to make blank spaces interesting with little work. Maybe look into finding some sort of textured background or paint one yourself.

Those are all the nit picks I got.

Return to Critique This!