Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby TheSpah » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:20 pm

TheSpah

Subject title: Critique this!

Hello! Pretty much I'd like to know everything wrong with this. Please be honest!
c2de65886586678f99121ac389e8a613.png

Postby Spider » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:50 pm

Spider

honesty it is.
It's a very cute character, I like her hair bow :D But there's a couple things you're lacking, most importantly form. Your character has a really stiff pose, and her arm and leg are in a very awkward position, I would do some gesture and anatomy studies. The skirt and clothes are also lacking in form, mainly cause they lack prominent folds to show how the cloth is moving, I would do some drape and clothes studies. The sword is another thing that's bugging me a little, it has a really clunky shape I guess, which is up to you, it might be the way you meant it to look, but personally it comes off a little unappealing and out of place, granted I'm not very good a drawing swords lol. The designs of swords vary a lot, but I think using a long thin blade would fit the character the most, . There's a few other things I noticed, like the face isn't really aligned, which is an easy fix. The hands could use some work, and the feet are too big for the character I think. I redrew some of the character to show you what I mean, keep in mind these are all basic mistakes, all you can do is keep drawing and do studies and make sure you're learning the fundamentals, best of luck! :)
crit.jpg

Postby TheSpah » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:39 am

TheSpah

Thank you so much for taking the time!

I can clearly see the errors now, and confirmed some points of what I have to improve thanks to your critique, thank you!

I love the way you made it, everything is so nice and the pose is really interesting! Thank you!!

Return to Critique This!