Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby TheRedCow » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:31 am

TheRedCow

Subject title: Perspective Study WIP

This is a Study to improve my perspective, it feels ok although it doesnt match the reference at all the perspective that i was originally trying to understand isnt too bad, i just think im still missing something so critique away
Check My Sketchbook out viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46069

If that isnt enough my deviant art is http://george-eracleous.deviantart.com/

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:19 am

DrawingGuy31

Pretty good! Better than what I can do. I think some polish is needed in some areas. There are multiple small errors, the most notacable being the ground. We're led to believe that it's on some slope but the crate and the stool both contradict that, and could be positioned better. Otherwise, this is great!

Postby TheRedCow » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:35 am

TheRedCow

DrawingGuy31 wrote:Pretty good! Better than what I can do. I think some polish is needed in some areas. There are multiple small errors, the most notacable being the ground. We're led to believe that it's on some slope but the crate and the stool both contradict that, and could be positioned better. Otherwise, this is great!

Thanks for the input i tried to redo the stool and the crate when i painted over it and heres the final result

Check My Sketchbook out viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46069

If that isnt enough my deviant art is http://george-eracleous.deviantart.com/

Postby Audiazif » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:02 am

Audiazif

What you have here is really nice. One thing that I think could make it better is to add more "unevenness" to the buildings. I would add recesses and things that jut out to break up that line and add some extra detail. Also the door knobs seem to stick out to me like a sore thumbs and I am not sure why. Maybe they are not oriented correctly in perspective or in the right position(like they are too high). Or maybe they are not necessary.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Return to Critique This!