Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Fearios » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:28 am

Fearios

Subject title: Digital Painting Critique

Hello! I do not often go digital to create something finished like this, so I was wondering if there was anything wrong or I could have done better at all. Thank you!

Postby z4m97 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:16 am

z4m97

hello! i dont have much time to recreate this painting, so sorry about it, wish i could help more, but here's a little tip:
with the big ballon thingys (forgot their name) you are showing atmospheric perspective, whcih is awesome, but keep in mind that the mountains should be fading as well, as they go back WITH the balloons, also, i'd say the kid is a bit too big compared with everything else, i'd say move it a bit lower so that it looks closer, make him bigger, or make everything else look smaller or farther away...

again sorry if i couldnt SHOW this, will try and do it later

Postby vanveee » Mon May 15, 2017 3:32 am

vanveee

Some things I'd consider: keeping the area of interest on a third, because of the rule of thirds. Another is checking the values in greyscale in order to check if there is enough contrast. The person seems to be very large in comparison to the mountains, and also they're in the center. I think if you put them up close on the rock on the bottom right corner and had the balloon they held be tilted towards the hot air balloons on the left it could help lead the eye around the painting in a way that tells the story more clearly (I didn't notice the person for a good few minutes, and their relationship to the hot air balloons seems to be the emotional driving force of the illustration). hope this helps a bit!! :D

asaa copy.jpg

Postby naundeeey » Mon May 29, 2017 12:45 am

naundeeey

Where is the lightsource tho?

Return to Critique This!