Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Erekem » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:10 pm

Erekem

Subject title: Illustration critique

If someone could give a critique just to see my mistakes and if there are places i could improuve on.And i need some help coloring from grayscale.
bloom 2 - Copy.jpg

Postby Alpacky » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Alpacky

Watch out for tangents between the flower, its petals, and the girl, a small thing.
Breasts a little too pushed together, even if she was wearing a push up bra or something.
Values are really fantasic, and I love the overall atmosphere, but I recomend making the bottom of the painting, aside from her shirt, a little darker.

I dont know what it is. I understand that she has he arms infront of her, and that would push her shoulders out. But try bringing them back a bit, and see how it looks afterwards.

Edit: Think about composition a bit too, and values used in that, when im looking at the painting, I have trouble knowing where to place my eyes. Draw more attention to her face, and or draw attention away from the things around her face.
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Postby Gryephon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:19 am

Gryephon

Well, the first thing that sticks out is her eye, they're out of balance, one is bigger then the other (almost twice the size), or if you're one of those glass is half empty folks, one is smaller then the other. =P
You know how when drawing in front view the eyes have a natural balance to them, say an eye length apart? While it may seem counter-intuitive to some, but this balance can still apply in 3/4 view. though sometimes it's hard to see because the nose bridge will sometimes overlap the eye shapes depending on what angle your drawing from. I'll try to illustrate it in my overprinting.

Also, im pretty sure the light beam would light up more of the shoulder, and still casting a beam behind the girl, albeit not as strong in the backside as it is the front because the figure is blockading some of the ray.
bloom 2 - Copy3.jpg

See the difference in the arrangement of the eyes? The balanced one has a smooth rhythm to it's arrangement of shapes, like beats ticking away on a metronome.
If you clean a vacuum cleaner, you become a vacuum cleaner.

Sketchbook: Click Here
Deviant: Click Here

Postby Moe » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:51 am

Moe

I really like your stuff. As for critique I agree with what everyone else has said so far the only thing I would add is that you should consider making a sb. I've seen your stuff posted on a critique session multiple times and I think you'll benefit from making a sb because you'll get a lot more feedback that way.

Postby Gryephon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am

Gryephon

Wait, Etekem doesn't have a sketchbook??? *Blinks*

chrome_2017-04-14_02-11-06.png
If you clean a vacuum cleaner, you become a vacuum cleaner.

Sketchbook: Click Here
Deviant: Click Here

Postby Erekem » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:11 pm

Erekem

I have a sketchbook a really old one.Its full of bad drawings .

Postby Alpacky » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Alpacky

Because of my personal taste, I hope you dont take gryephons advice, and leave it "unbalanced"
I think it adds a lot of appeal. (i think it makes her cute :3)
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Return to Critique This!