Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby UniversalEverything » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:53 am

UniversalEverything

Subject title: Ink sketches

http://www.tchernoi.com

What do you guys think?
Medic II LOW RES.jpg
Molotow.jpg
Shield IV LR.jpg

Postby Alluffer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:40 am

Alluffer

I'm not sure what you want the critique on (gesture, colors, tecnique etc.) but here is a bit of an over look and some suggestions:

I can see that you're going for this specific style and it's kinda cool. I think you could take it a bit further by using fever lines on the edges of your sketch and more lines on the focal points. This is something you're doing already, but I encourage you to push yourself ^^

I'm not getting a read from the 3rd one... what is it exacly? I think it has so many unnessesary lines so it has become a bit too messy. Think about every line having a purpose, why you're putting it in it's place, instead of just slapping it on; that way you're images start being more convincing and more effective.

Postby Oli » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Oli

I really dig it! A more or less unique style in here. Except maybe this guy: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14267&p=95616#p95616 (His sketchbook got deleted and I have not seen him around for a long time). But maybe you find some additional inspiration. I am wondering whether you also did a series on a more happier topic?

Cheers and happy painting.
My sketchbook | My dA | My Facebook

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Postby yume » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:24 pm

yume

I love this style!!! Would not change anything

Postby UniversalEverything » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:30 am

UniversalEverything

Alluffer wrote:I'm not sure what you want the critique on (gesture, colors, tecnique etc.) but here is a bit of an over look and some suggestions:

I can see that you're going for this specific style and it's kinda cool. I think you could take it a bit further by using fever lines on the edges of your sketch and more lines on the focal points. This is something you're doing already, but I encourage you to push yourself ^^

I'm not getting a read from the 3rd one... what is it exacly? I think it has so many unnessesary lines so it has become a bit too messy. Think about every line having a purpose, why you're putting it in it's place, instead of just slapping it on; that way you're images start being more convincing and more effective.

Yup, I've been working on it quite a bit actually. When I was doing these I was actually in a really bad mood in the middle of the night. I feel that they are not the cleanest sketches, however they have a lot of movement and almost energy about them. Always room for improvement though! cheers! :D

Return to Critique This!