Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Erekem » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Erekem

Subject title: Values critique

Im intrested to know how the values ended up i always get them wrong and i cant figure out how to get them right.
1 - Copy.jpg

Postby Hydorah » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:53 pm

Hydorah

Well, what's the ref? I can't exactly tell what's wrong. Looks good.

Postby Mandilor » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:45 pm

Mandilor

Well they look ok but there isn't much here to critique. What you've painted here is very abstract and since it doesn't hurt to look at it, it looks ok. I could be better but mostly in subtle ways which are much trickery to learn and critique.

Your values are fine but they don't have much in terms of context so I don't know how to help improve without that context.

Postby Alpacky » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Alpacky

I think a reference would help, yes. Cant tell if this is an original design or a WarFrame (from the game... called warframe...)

Definitely looks like it. the overall body could be lighter, but it all depends on the lighting of the area that its in.
Sorta looks like theres some diffused light above him but hes in an otherwise dark room.
As we learned in the most recent sycralogical problems podcast though, it doesnt have to be 100 percent accurate if it looks appealing. And it does.
Keep it up man, maybe do another, but include the reference this time..? You would probably get more helpful advice than I can give
I draw stuff sometimes and it looks like this: (Latest work on page 8)http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76279

Return to Critique This!