Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby The_Bobbby » Wed May 01, 2013 4:16 am

The_Bobbby

Subject title: Dr.Harley Quinn, (Would like honest feed back)

Dr.jpg

My first every fan art, I defintley dont want to get too excited off of this piece because, I look at this as a milestone for me. I plan on improving!
Honest critiques are wanted I want to improve. There was no photo reference used probably should of used one for this piece, The only reference I used was a picture of catwoman to see light reflects off a Catsuit! I satisfied with the way it came out, and I'm aware of that some of the picture is unfinished.

Postby Snakebreath » Wed May 01, 2013 10:59 am

Snakebreath

The two things I notice are the face and right leg.

The face in my opinion looks rather undefined, could use a bit more detail, don't worry about using reference, everyone does it. And not using reference many times can be the start to developing bad habits.

Which is where the leg comes in, to me it looks rather uncomfortable, I don't know much about this character but studying human anatomy can help your character posing A LOT. But like I said, use reference, there's no shame in it! Nice piece by the way. :D

Edit: looking again the shadow is a bit off as well, the major light source appears to be from the bottom left, meaning the shadow would be cast more towards the right, not straight back. Hope this helped.

Return to Critique This!