Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Snakebreath » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Snakebreath

Subject title: Critique This - Knight

Hey, I did this quick sketch of a knight. I did it mostly from my head (except for reference when making the pose). I'm trying to get better at a few things, proportions, human poses, as well as drawing clothes. So if you have anything you see that needs tweaking before I begin colouring it please share! (Composition critiques aren't necessary, I know there are things wrong). :D

Postby Fedodika » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Fedodika

hmm his right arm is really small, almost like you forced it to fit to the page. The cape is doing some weird things like going over and under the arm as if there is a hole in it. his eyebrows have no real shape, unless you're drawing stylized then i guess it's okay. is his right hand on BACKWARDS? his feet also don't look like they're planted into the :D ground. like shape the cape though :D

Postby Snakebreath » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:48 pm

Snakebreath

Thanks for pointing out the hand thing, I thought the reference I was using for the pose looked off, that's why! Sometimes it just takes a second pair of eyes.

Return to Critique This!