Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Fedodika » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 pm

Fedodika

Subject title: Death Knight Girl

Hey everyone, i recently started taking art more seriously and putting in longer hours to improve faster. This is a knight i drew from imagination, kind of a spin from the warcraft3 death knight. I'd love to begin coloring this, but i want to make sure the drawing looks good and anyone i show it to just says it's fine but i know it aint haha :? I'm also new here, so HAY! :mrgreen:
Death knight gul.jpg

Postby Snakebreath » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 am

Snakebreath

Looks like a really good concept so far, one thing I personally notice is that the hood looks kind of off/flat where its wrapping around her forehead, I'd suggest maybe adding a wrinkle or two in the fabric in that section (might just be me nit picking). Besides that you should give it a go with colour and see how it turns out, keep it up!

Postby Fedodika » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:35 am

Fedodika

Thanks! I'm working on the hands a bit but i was mostly worried about the horses legs but i guess they look okay. Yep there's definately gonna be lots more wrinkles and working on the hood since you pointed that out!

Postby Zjacklee » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Zjacklee

Hey there, welcome around.

Nice concept.
Well, as for critique I can sense some serious issues with her form and anatomy so far. Could you draw her body "without" those clothes? It would help out a lot for you to really see what's going on there. it's as if she is pushing her chin in her neck and holding her head on an uncomfortable angle.
That right arm is kind of weird and the hand is big too. the wrist is very very wide. and her left hand is pointing in a rather uncomfortable angle.
the sword shape is kind of wonky and missing some more essential lines. you might want to work on that.
You will need to work on that robe over her too, but most importantly for now is her body.. otherwise you won't get the right shapes for her clothing.
For example you supposedly made the robe very baggy bit still you drew her boob almost part of the robe as if it was tight?

Hope this helps.
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby Fedodika » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Fedodika

Thanks Zjacklee! Yea i was getting to color this out and i was just having alot of issues and i couldn't really see alot of those issues.. I appreciate this very much and i am gonna scrap this picture since i am noticing more of my bad habits that i have to beat as far as drawing. here is what i was doing with the color, i tried to fix some of the issues but i just gotta work on hands/form more if i want to make my poses stronger. I notice now her leg makes her look like a dwarf person. The picture is just ugh now.. Need to get back to figure drawing!
Death knight gul R 1.jpg

Postby Snakebreath » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:49 am

Snakebreath

I would draw the human form without clothes before adding all the robes and such. One of my bad habits when drawing from a reference was drawing the figure out with all the clothes on, then when I was nearing the finish someone would point out it was in proportionate, earlier I sketched out a human figure then afterwards added armor (turned out to be a viking sketch) and it turned out much better than most of my figure drawings. Practice makes perfect, so keep it up!

Postby alnoth » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:03 am

alnoth

hey people, i am glad you are concerned with the girl, it shows some good priorities for life... ehm... but the goat has got more problems than the girl ever had...

look up anatomy for a goat or a similar hooved creature if it is not meant to be a goat, those legs are off.

Postby imcostalong » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:46 am

imcostalong

take it a step back before you start painting man... go back to the drawing...
Always looking for good critiques, help, and direction... There is always room for improvement

Return to Critique This!