Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Evan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Evan

Subject title: landscape drawing vid ok

This is still in the process of being finished could use some suggestions so critique away.
Untitled-3.jpg

Postby virtueone » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 am

virtueone

I think its working good. Just continue adding detail to refine it. Is this based of a real photo or from memory?

Postby Fedodika » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:30 am

Fedodika

I don't think you should have too many problems making it better; just get those edges more refined but you know that :lol: I kinda think the mountains on the right side could use a wee bit value differentation in that really dark range. the more value shifts you can fit in subtly just makes it more and more reaistic

Postby malmana » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:56 am

malmana

Nice! I like the values. You could move the horizon line down so there would be more sky visible. Flip the image to see visual balance of the picture. Think what is the main focal point and lead the eye towards it. :D There could be like a boat and person watching the focal point.

Postby Evan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Evan

Thanks for the good suggestions. Im going to try to get some time in today to work more on the drawing. this drawing was originally done through reference photo,was trying to do one of those inversion/upside down drawings,was feeling really weird so ended up flipping the canvas.. and then my mind starts to create shapes that aren't really there.struggling a bit with values and establishing distance not sure if photo reference is the absolute way to do this but had to do something.

Postby Zjacklee » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Zjacklee

I'd say it's going well so far. I can see where you intend to take this. keep it up and I look forward to see the final version.
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby vanyossi » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:26 am

vanyossi

Hi, It's going well, but I advice you to adjust values in the picture. In general there is no feel of distance. Lighten the bg values a bit and/or darken the values in the front.

this video could be interesting to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1McYZX6K ... CjCsjAGFAA

Values are everything in your painting, make sure they work for adding to the overall image.

:]

Return to Critique This!