Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Aangkat » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:19 am

Aangkat

Subject title: More life into a painting / Value(OK for a video)

I have heard the term of giving more life to your painting.
But I am so not creative when it comes to painting.
I am still new with this.
But I want to learn how do take a picture of a study and give it more life ?

Or should I go for realistic painting, which means more work lol :D Would that give this image more life?
What do I do, I don't understand it :(

Feel free to critique and give me tip for how to turn this image better (more life in to the painting ) ^_^
BTW I know that picture I took is full of tangent, which is not good composition ^_^ (sorry)
more-life-into-the-painting.jpg
reference.jpg

Postby fideliz25 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:40 am

fideliz25

how about adding some little dwarves fighting a giant worm near the apple? hehehe

anyway, if you mean add life it might mean make it a bit more interesting? the values are going really well so i suggest adding some textures to the objects, like that of the picture your copying
add some design to the mug or maybe add some coffee in it and some smoke from the coffee while your doing it :) or add some detail to the book or bite marks to the apple or maybe put the worm in it as i suggested at 1st :D
anyways thats just my suggestion i hope it helps :)

Postby Aangkat » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Aangkat

fideliz25 wrote:how about adding some little dwarves fighting a giant worm near the apple? hehehe

anyway, if you mean add life it might mean make it a bit more interesting? the values are going really well so i suggest adding some textures to the objects, like that of the picture your copying
add some design to the mug or maybe add some coffee in it and some smoke from the coffee while your doing it :) or add some detail to the book or bite marks to the apple or maybe put the worm in it as i suggested at 1st :D
anyways thats just my suggestion i hope it helps :)

Cool this was a good ideas ^_^
Diffidently a challenge to be !
I will think about it. THANKS DUDE!

Postby marvel57 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:43 pm

marvel57

Ang-do whatever you want , that's the difference btwn an artist and a photographer,that's the whole trip , trying to make something that looks cool, trying :lol: :ugeek: trying to trick the viewers eye into thinking that your painting is like a window into a special, "secret" reality they want to linger in and look around for a few.

Postby Dream » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 am

Dream

Working on the texture would probably make the drawing look more alive.
What is nature, but a miserable little pile of forms!?

"This is the truth: when you sacrifice your life, you must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon yet undrawn."

Return to Critique This!