Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby flamelon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:27 am

flamelon

Subject title: Critiques Welcome (can be used in video)

I've been sketching a lot lately and I feel kind of like I'm in a block, but I thought this at least looked interesting :) I was thinking about calling it "foresight" just cause his blank eyes and scared expression made me think of fortune telling and being able to see the future, not completely sure though! Anyways I thought I'd see what people thought before I tried to paint over it or anything.
foresight.jpg

Postby Dream » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:06 am

Dream

I like it, the chaotic nature of the linework really add to the feel of the subject.

I don't know if i would recommend painting it over, since there's just too much risk of losing the essence during the process. Aside from that there seem to be a few anatomy/symmetry errors here and there but considering the technique used that is probably inevitable. Good drawing.
What is nature, but a miserable little pile of forms!?

"This is the truth: when you sacrifice your life, you must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon yet undrawn."

Postby flamelon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:58 pm

flamelon

Dream wrote:I like it, the chaotic nature of the linework really add to the feel of the subject.

I don't know if i would recommend painting it over, since there's just too much risk of losing the essence during the process. Aside from that there seem to be a few anatomy/symmetry errors here and there but considering the technique used that is probably inevitable. Good drawing.

Yeah I really was just scribbling everywhere so it just kinda happened haha :) I think I'm gonna fix the mouth some though it just seems messed up now that I'm looking at it again X)

Return to Critique This!