Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby bomberrrrrman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:26 pm

bomberrrrrman

Subject title: first time digital draving (video allowed)

This is my fist expirience with colour drawing on a tablet. I have some trouble to pick rigt color after years of traditiona painting. Now i need help with character cuz newer draw armorsuit before

Spoiler: show
123.jpg

Postby alnoth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 pm

alnoth

its a good start, but i think its hard to give practical advice (on armor, etc.) when the piece is still at this sketchy stage...

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:53 pm

Ambiguity

I agree with alnoth, I can't even sort of tell this character's story from what's provided, so I couldn't possibly help choose appropriate armor for him. Also, I'm guessing he is supposed to be the focal point, and yet you gave all your saturation to the background which makes me completely ignore him.

Postby bomberrrrrman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:11 am

bomberrrrrman

I try drawing this sketch like a guild wars 2 art style. Its a male warrior - this is all story of this character :lol:

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:39 pm

Ambiguity

bomberrrrrman wrote:Its a male warrior - this is all story of this character :lol:

Yeah, but there are many types of warriors. You need to think about where this guy lives, what sort time period he lives in(modern, futuristic, post-apocalyptic, etc.), who he fights for, what type of beings he fights against, what's his rank(captain, military cook who fights when needed, a retired veteran, etc.)things like these. What you painted is the result of not knowing things like that, basically anything is correct because there is no story to be told.

Return to Critique This!