Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Sketchboy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Sketchboy

Subject title: My artwork in 2011

Postby Sycra » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Sycra
Site Admin

Sweet stuff man. I like the WonderWoman one a lot, just maybe you could get rid of the lines in her leg... They kinda make her look old or wrinkly or something. I think cuz you're doing a real simple style it's best to keep everything clean and simple. But overall, really cool work!

Postby Kingw777 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 am

Kingw777

I have to admit I admire the fresh look youve brought to fan art its something fanboys and girls wool really love to see! But I'd have to agree with sycra you should keep it clean and simple with this flashy chibi type style. The lines do add too much to wonder womans legs also in my oppinion. There a youtube vid sycra does where he colours evan from cartoon block robin sketch I think the coloring techniques he used would make your style really pop. Sorry im on my cell at work or id post the link. Keep up the good work!

Postby samuri » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:45 pm

samuri

I really like the first two. That's where I'd like to be.

Postby Cartesian Theater » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:12 am

Cartesian Theater

I really love your style! You have such a strong sense of color, proportion and shape! One thing I think you might work on is line - not the lines you draw, but the lines that each shape contributes to the composition. I feel like a lot of your images have this downward sloping feel to them, because you have a lot of lines that go down, slightly to the side, or slump into each other. The lines created by hands, arms, hair, clothing, etc. will drive the piece in a certain direction, so try to utilize them more to force the viewer's eye in the direction(s) you want it to move, and at the speed you had in mind.

Postby sahrab » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:19 pm

sahrab

the last 4 or 5 drawings are these chibis ? big head small body . and i like them alot and like sycra said on wonder woman the lines make her looks like old and wobbly

Postby sahrab » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:36 pm

sahrab

and i like the afro samurai 1+

Return to Critique This!