Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby pseudome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:08 am

pseudome

Subject title: begone, fluff! - can be used in video

ok, so, im trying to fight my fuzzy lines, insecure strokes, and messy contours, so i unplugged my tablet, turned off all brush settings, and did this 15-min rework with the laptop trackpad (while grumbling at others' discipline and method, and my own lack of either). hoping i managed to frame the character better and place it in a more realistic 3d space, as well as get some values in there. prolly shoulda worked on the cape more and enlarged the canvas cause her front hoof sorta went off the edge. but id really like to hear opinions.

i posted them side by side - please, tell me if the rough version reads better than the old one *prays for yeses*

thanks!
becx.jpg

Postby alnoth » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:44 am

alnoth

you know... i really like your stuff. ill be more to the point later, just got that out of the way :D

Postby alnoth » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:07 pm

alnoth

the one on the left, i think has some wonky boobs. not im themselves, but to me they suggest a weird angle of the rib cage - but from what i can see, it is fixed in the rough version on the right. so for me, that is a good thing.

another things i notice are different to the fluffy one, is her neck and her hips. on the fluffy one she has some massive unreal hips and a loooong and thin neck. yes, anatomy wise perhaps they are not feasible, but it gives the clear idea that theres something unreal about this character, which i sort of like. in the rough version you seem to bring a more believable figure but also a less phantasy figure. so im not sure which you are going for, but the boobs thing just seemed like a mistake, while the neck and the hips i happily saw as intention.

in the fluffy one, im not sure where the light is coming from, but that may not be necesserily a bad thing. the rough version i get a better lighting setting idea - with the light coming from the front of and above the creature. so that way, yes, it is more clearly set in a 3d real-like lightning than the fluffy one.

Postby pseudome » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:18 pm

pseudome

thanks, glad you like dis stuff. tits for everyone! err...

anyhow, to the point, yeah the un-fluffed version came out a bit more 'terran' in construction, i think ill fix it as soon as i get some time. for now i just wanted to test out this disable-everything approach. i guess ill restore it to the original proportions in a while, so far it looks like this:

Spoiler: show
bellieg.jpg

Postby alnoth » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:28 pm

alnoth

yah, tits for everyone is a good motto. i'd join that gang...

Postby marvel57 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:51 pm

marvel57

Actually everyone has tits ;) :ugeek:

Postby Waveloop » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Waveloop

The new one is way way better imo

Postby kocab22 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:28 pm

kocab22

I like the right one.. I also like your creepy style :D

I have no style :( cause Im just learning to draw... Hope I will soon find myself something I like to do, otherwise I will leave drawing in a while (as everything before in my case)...

Return to Critique This!