Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Liniont » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 am

Liniont

Subject title: Line drawing Critique request

Let's see, I know the hand is terrible and I didn't finish the other hand. This is just a rough sketch really. Let me know what you guys think. :)

Postby maddendd » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 pm

maddendd

Anatomy is not my best subject, but her knee looks a bit flat. I think from this view the popliteal ( Hope google translator gave me the right vocabulary) needs to be a bit higher. Hope this maks sence to you.

Postby alnoth » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:10 pm

alnoth

are you working digitally? if so, im not quite sure how exactly to do this, but i think your line needs more dynamics. its the same value (dark-light wise) and the same thickness - each line and throughout the drawing.

as far as line drawing goes, i would work on this aspect.

Postby Waveloop » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Waveloop

Yeah I agree with Alnoth. You seem to have opacity sensitivity turned on, but not line size... The line has the same width all over, and it brakes suddenly. Also it would make it more interesting if we could see her right leg, and her left shoulder a bit better.

And I'm not to crazy about the contrast in hair style... those locks of hair covering her eyes... I would go with dreads all over her hair.

Postby marvel57 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:36 pm

marvel57

Did you have a reference?
:ugeek:

Postby Liniont » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:57 am

Liniont

Yes I used a reference,

This is actually still in a sketch phase so theres no emphasis on line quality yet and as far as the hair comment heh thats how the hair is >_> also since I was using the reference literally theres no way to make it interesting. I think had I finished it and added color this composition perhaps would translate better?

Things I've noticed is the left arm needs to be shown more and I need to foreshorten the leg a lot more, Originally I wanted to replace the bed she's laying on with clouds and do a little more with her hair.

Return to Critique This!