Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Bryan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Bryan

Subject title: Critique this !

So heres my heavy armour Knight (female) not ready yet but what do you think abou it ? would love some feedback about things i might correct in early stages. thanx :)
Untitled-3.jpg

Postby alnoth » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:32 pm

alnoth

i think the ball of yarn goes well with the female character, but why the armor? shouldnt she be relaxing in a swinging chair on the porch knitting away?

Postby glitch » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:39 am

glitch

There are basic issues here with anatomy which could be remedied with some gesture work. A lot of it actually.

The pose is very unnatural too. Actually stand up and try to take this pose.

As far as the design goes, I've never seen armor like what you've drawn, and its had to understand it as armor in the way you've indicated it.

You should also do some material studies on the reflective nature of metal, because, as it is, its hard to tell the light source.

Postby perkexpert » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:30 pm

perkexpert

This illustration has a lot of issues, i think you should work on these kind of areas:
- basic proportions and anatomy, your figure is huge, the torso is kind of massive, probably your biggest problem here
- lighting and shading, the lighting scheme is not clearly visible, you just placed kind of random reflections on the sides, values are off
- rendering the form in perspective, several issues with your armorpieces, although you had a good start.
- materials like shiny metal, you had a good start there but see lighting point
- study of armor pieces, it doesn't protect the most important part: the heart...also a full plate mail is a really complex system of protection
- composition...your figure just stands there...story?
so this might seem kind of harsh,but i hope you like honest critiques.

So get those pencils out and work your arse off :) Have fun!!
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artofhannesmangelsdorf/
Homepage: www.perkexpert.com

Return to Critique This!