Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Nathanram » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:08 am

Nathanram

Subject title: Any help for Copic users?

Hey everyone, I just recently received some copic markers and have been practicing with them because personally the feel of working on paper is easier to produce the best work I can. I was wondering if there are any techniques one can use or color patterns I can use to improve?

Postby Matej » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Matej

Are you trying to draw this guy ? Anyway you can use it as reference too.

Postby Nathanram » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Nathanram

I'm not trying to draw him. The individual in my picture is an OC for a comic series I've almost completed, but thank you for the reference photo.

Postby Stoyben » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Stoyben

Try to incorporated color pencil and a white gel pen. Color pencil to just add a smoother gradient from color to color. The white gel pen for fixing if you go outside the line, you can easy go over it and sharpen the image. If you don't feel like going out and buying color pencils a gray marker will do; it can even out a gradient something really light like a "toner gray".
You can't spell earth without art.

Postby sahrab » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:34 pm

sahrab

try chibi licence he got a 2nd channel and does some tuts on copic markers which i find amazing

Postby Kingw777 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Kingw777

Try experimenting with different mediums I use markers colored pencils and water color. It definitely helps when it comes to gettinf the effects you need

Return to Critique This!