Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Hadeis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Hadeis

Subject title: Digital Painting feedback!

Hello, im Hadeis. Im new here, but I was doing some digital painting and stuff in Photoshop, so I decided to show you guys and maybe I can get some helpful feedback and critique. So here you go, 3 pieces of my work.

WARNING! They are big resolution. (2500x1250, half the work size)

Spoiler: show

Postby Fenix_N » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:23 pm

Fenix_N

There seems to be a lack of a range of values in your work. I suggest doing some value studies and pushing them more. You should also decide on a focal point for your landscapes and consider composition.

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:42 am

Ambiguity

I agree with what Fenix said. Also, the last 2 mostly just look like islands with extremely big grass or really up close shots of puddles, like a flooded golf course or something. You need need to add something so we can easily tell the scale of these imo; for instance, if they're islands we shouldn't be able to see individual blades of grass, we should see tree tops and maybe some birds flying around.

Anyways, the first one is a pretty good block in, it just needs more texture so it's more obvious when we zoom in that we're looking at rocks.

Return to Critique This!