Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Bryan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Bryan

Subject title: i dont know how to do the next step :(

so here i am trying to do stuff but i cannot come past this point :( i dont know why... it should be django from the mowie django unchained
django.jpg

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 pm

Ambiguity

Most of your values are all the same and in the mid-tones, they need to be pushed, and Django doesn't look like an African American, he need to be darker overall imo. You also need to get some hard edges in there imo, a lot of this looks too soft.

Other than that, I don't really know what you're going for so I can't tell you how to move forward.

Postby Bryan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 am

Bryan

ok so i went a bit further ... i am currently working only with basic brushes and i find it kind of hard how to show the right materials. also i am working in black/white to get th right values so i can colour it as soon as ive got the composition done. he is supposed to have a leather jacket a scarf and leather pants.. so basically the stuff he wears in the movie. The Pose should be the same. just standing ready with his gun. the little scribble in the right corner is the light source.
django.jpg

Postby alnoth » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

alnoth

i find it strange that his face (eyes) is not aiming the same way as the barrel of his gun...

Postby Bryan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 am

Bryan

ok so heres a little update.. any suggestions or do you think im on the right path ? :) oh yeah and thanks for the replies so far :)
django.jpg

Return to Critique This!