Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Total100 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:57 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

Subject title: I need a critique!

so anything would help. proportions, anatomy, compasition, everything.
this a one of the many of hundreds of poses i have done but i like this what a lot. i want it to be perfect becouse i think its "the one" lol

so fire away please.
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,
Here is my sketchbook= viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2900 :)

Postby Zjacklee » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Zjacklee

You got my first bullet already. :P the leg.

If I would have to add another critique besides that at this stage... I would do something about the angle. this is too straightforward, therefore the angle isn't that interesting imo.
( it could be a frame in an animation for instance to show a shot of the action but there should be a better angle in which the action is taken right before this "far away" shot.
Maybe a camera shot at a 90 degrees from below to begin with and then a slight spin to the right side. and more zoomed in. )

and why that angle you might ask? I think from there I would be able to portray the emotion and strength of the action better. :ugeek:
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby segujo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:52 pm

segujo

Hi!

I like your style. Cool lines and pose on the gungirl....

The target figure has the lower leg in a wierd angle.

Segujo

Postby Total100 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

update, any help will be nice.
i hope someone comments on anything. foreshortening, likeability or anything :)
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Dream » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Dream

The lower guy, his perspective feels a bit off somehow. At first i thought he was on a profile view and only later did i realize (perhaps through his head placement) that he was supposed to be in a 3/4 or similar view. Hope it helps if only a bit.
What is nature, but a miserable little pile of forms!?

"This is the truth: when you sacrifice your life, you must make fullest use of your weaponry. It is false not to do so, and to die with a weapon yet undrawn."

Postby Total100 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Total100

Dream wrote:The lower guy, his perspective feels a bit off somehow. At first i thought he was on a profile view and only later did i realize (perhaps through his head placement) that he was supposed to be in a 3/4 or similar view. Hope it helps if only a bit.

yeah i just blocked him in there in about 4.8 seconds just for the sake of people understanding the pose. i see a few things wrong for example, what i think is throughing you off is the gun barrel, its facing the veiwer and not the person. so dont worry very much about the second person, ill change it up i promise :D
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Return to Critique This!