Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Matt534Dog » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:52 am

Matt534Dog

Subject title: Critique Me!

Go ahead! Hit me with all you got!

Done in about 6 hours between two days. Used Photoshop CS6 and a Wacom Intuos5 tablet.

EDIT: Sorry, but I don't think I was clear enough (I posted this in a bit of a hurry). This was meant to be a piece of concept art for my sort-of-in-progress game. I meant for it to be very sci-fi/fantasy looking.

Postby Total100 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

well i think you might be using the soft brush a bit to much. the lines should be harder.
other then that... im sure someone else can find something wrong. cool drawing though!
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,
Here is my sketchbook= viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2900 :)

Postby Zjacklee » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Zjacklee

Hey dude,

from what I can see here, you are missing allot of vital information for an illustration. Everything seems so plane and empty somehow. you should put more care in defining your drawing.
At the moment i just see a bunch of colours more then I can see actual form.
I can tell ofcourse that it's a building under attack in space, but that's about it. the building is missing character, as right now it just looks like a box. with some pipes on it.
It's also a bit soft all over. I can't tell the materials appart from each other. an example would be the building as opposed to the planet or the space ships.

it could be a cool concept but it's very raw right now. so put some more time in it and define it a bit more. ;)
one thing I have to give to you is that the colours seem to be working nice together so far.

Hope this helps and keep it up!
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby Matt534Dog » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:34 am

Matt534Dog

Thanks for all the tips! Here's an improved version:

Tell me if I'm going in the right direction with these. I figure it's easier to learn by improving a piece; then, I can simply apply what I've learned to a new piece! :D

Return to Critique This!