Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby FelipeCamêlo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:31 pm

FelipeCamêlo

Subject title: Critique this

x.x the right thigh isn't good, please help
Tinkerbell.jpg

Postby Aangkat » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:50 am

Aangkat

I loved everything!
but maybe her goggles or whatever it is called. It is reflecting way too much. It looks like the light came from another source.
You should show her eyes and lower the reflection.
It is too white.
But that is the only thing I found. It will lift the composition and everything, if you include the eyes ^_^

Awesome work!

Postby Zjacklee » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Zjacklee

Aangkat wrote:I loved everything!
but maybe her goggles or whatever it is called. It is reflecting way too much. It looks like the light came from another source.
You should show her eyes and lower the reflection.
It is too white.
But that is the only thing I found. It will lift the composition and everything, if you include the eyes ^_^

Awesome work!

I do agree that the eyes should be visible but not because of the light but because of the angle you are looking at the glas.

Furthermore, I find this piece to be interesting and the colours are pleasing to the eyes.
One thing i am missing is the environment unity. while your colours are nice in harmony... they still miss the feeling of being in the same environment. For instance, outside is nice and bright day right? for inside... I wouldn't expect it to be nice and bright. there will be direct sunlight shining through the window but the light that the characters or things in the house will get in their face is only going to be bounce light, unless there is a artificial light source in the house. ( which most likely wouldn't be white )
I'm missing some cool colours from within the trees. Like a bit of cool dark blue. ( places where the light can't reach well ) I'm also missing cool shadows within the house.

Next, i find her dress to be flat. Try some occlusion shadows where the dress meets the skin.

about the right thigh, you should try to make it thinner. it's like too thick for her figure. Also, I don't think it's a good idea to make the eyebrows go over the goggles. :P

All in all, nice concept and nice use of colours so far.
hope this helps in a way.
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby FelipeCamêlo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:24 pm

FelipeCamêlo

ok ok ok, thanks! xD I'll try to fix it!

Return to Critique This!