Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Kurt » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:03 am

Kurt

Subject title: Shaman painting

shaman sketch.jpg

Any advice so far? i starting this guy up again from a sketch i made like a year ago. I don't want to go on to far and miss something thats wrong.

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:36 am

Kurt

A little update. Maybe this time someone will give me some feedback :O
shaman sketch.jpg

Postby Total100 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

Haha sorry for no feedback. i guess i'll start this off.

First thing i see, his thigh is as tall as his body. meaning if he stood up he was be a giant with a tiny body. basically his body is weird. his head is the right size for the legs imo but his body inst proportional. Even for midgets (look up pictures) they're pectoral muscles are one head down etc. they stay in proportion. also his hand is freaking me out :P why is it so big?

nice job on the colors though!
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,
Here is my sketchbook= viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2900 :)

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Kurt

hes a troll dude so i figured id give him big ass hands

Postby Zjacklee » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Zjacklee

Total100 wrote:Haha sorry for no feedback. i guess i'll start this off.

First thing i see, his thigh is as tall as his body. meaning if he stood up he was be a giant with a tiny body. basically his body is weird. his head is the right size for the legs imo but his body inst proportional. Even for midgets (look up pictures) they're pectoral muscles are one head down etc. they stay in proportion. also his hand is freaking me out :P why is it so big?

what color? :P

I haven't given critique to this one so far because I wasn't sure of the style. I was waiting for someone to say something I could build on too. but I'll give it a try.
so far the general look is very muddy. I can't tell that much of the difference in between the different materials the subject is made of. for instance the hair and the wood in his hand. the bone and his flesh. they all look somehow the same texture. So you might want to work a bit more on that.
his right hand holding the staff is also a but messed up. the left hand seems as if he is missing portions of his fingers.

the hair, if you could make it a bit more less stiff looking. kinda like a nicer flow. it has many straight bits in it which don't flow together which gives the overal look of it kinda like a tree's root.

hope this helps out a bit.
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby Total100 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:52 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

Zjacklee wrote:
Total100 wrote:Haha sorry for no feedback. i guess i'll start this off.

what color? :P

lol oops. nice values XD
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,
Here is my sketchbook= viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2900 :)

Postby marvel57 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:05 am

marvel57

In reply to your art question about $200,000 for art school based on this drawing which is a year old? I'd really have to see a lot more good work to think about advice, show us more, if you seldom draw you must not be that into it. Believe me , spending a bunch of $ thinking, "now I HAVE TO DO IT!" Never really works! Look at most great comic book artists they QUIT art school and got jobs. That's a true artist IMO. You could be a Doctor for that amount of $,almost guaranteed. :ugeek:

Postby Kurt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 am

Kurt

Well I draw every day for the last few years and my drawing has improved. I just went back to the original sketch of this from a year ago and began working on it more to see what i could do. Art is something im very passionate about. I'm just not sure if i should go to school yet.

Postby Kurt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:28 am

Kurt

Original.jpg
shaman sketch.jpg

Postby Kurt » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:29 am

Kurt

Thats the drawing from a year ago compared to what i have now

Postby marvel57 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:53 pm

marvel57

Oh, I did see your Nintendo controller drawing which is quite good, keep posting and we'll tell you if your'e smart to go to school :ugeek:

Return to Critique This!