Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

What is weakest point?

Anatomy / Character design
33%
Layout / Composition
33%
Values / Colors
11%
Other
22%

Total votes : 9

Postby kocab22 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:17 pm

kocab22

Subject title: Dragonborn-like illustration

I made this because on CGHUB is drawing jam with topic of dragonborn illustration. This is probably final, I don't want to spend more time on it, even I don't like it. Don't want to close myself in mouse house :D (is that correct slang?) ..
Anyway shoot on me all your critiques ;)
10.jpg

Postby Waveloop » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Waveloop

ok so I think the weakest link is composition... the concept is cool... the drama is there, Of course the character could use a little attention pose wise (there are a few things to correct, like his left arm) but All the focus goes to the moon... because you have a big negative area right there, so the eye takes a while to get to the good stuff... The focus should be on the guy...

Postby perkexpert » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:51 pm

perkexpert

I agree with waveloop here...and i even don't get the relation to the subject "dragonborn". Also, the contrast and values are evenly spread out in the painting, i'd put more focus on the dramatic lighting with the figure there.
You would see a much harsher shadow beneath the figure. To rescue your theme you could make that shadow in the form of a dragon head or sth. Center the picture more around the figure and reduce the valuedifference on that distant mountains.
Id love to see what you do with it (if you decide to do sth with it). Keep it up!
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artofhannesmangelsdorf/
Homepage: www.perkexpert.com

Postby marvel57 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:45 pm

marvel57

The "cameras eye should be cloesed in on the figure and the post that he is shocking?. Also the figure is sketchy, crude and not very interesting imo :ugeek:

Postby kocab22 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:36 pm

kocab22

thanks for critiques guys

Return to Critique This!