Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Waveloop » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:06 am

Waveloop

Subject title: Cute Angry

just something I did. Not quite finished, it still needs polishing. But everything is pretty much defined, the coloring was rushed... and needs work!

Jokes are allowed :lol:
angry puss.jpg

Postby alnoth » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:23 am

alnoth

stupid cat... shooo shooo

uhm, her nipple is way off to the side...

Postby m-O » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:35 pm

m-O

woah! cool pin-up, but whats wrong with her pussy? (no pun intended) :lol:

Postby Total100 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

lol that pussy
time to trim the elbow hair :P

no but really, jokes aside. arnt her hands small compared to her face? even if she is feminine her hands should at least be a bit the size of her face in real life but here her hand is the size of her chin to the middle of her nose. is that correct for a style? other then that it looks good
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,
Here is my sketchbook= viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2900 :)

Postby Zjacklee » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Zjacklee

Nice dude! I really like this piece. Probably my favorite from your drawings! :D
The expressions, the playfulness, nice body.

Good job bro. Now if you can nail it with the colors, that would be awesome. don't just burn tool it. ;P
Also a tip to your shading.... let them follow the muscle shapes. consider a few different types of shadow. ( depending on what kind of lightsource you have here though )
the soft and the hard shadow, occlusion shadows etc etc.

Also, is it intentional or are the scissors reversed? xD

p.s. that's a dangerous adventure. Wild mad pussy and scissors! hallo masochists! 8-) xD

also, don't leave the cat's tail with those construction lines. it does suggest something a bit more mature. if you know what i mean. :P
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby alnoth » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:38 pm

alnoth

actually...

right here:

manet painted the girl, which at that time was seen as vulgar and obscene... rumor has it, someone saw it in his studio and said "...all she needs is a black hairy pussy..." so manet added the cat (in french the words are interchangeable like in english). so much for the rumor - but analysis shows full colors beneath the cat, so whether true or not, the cat was added on to the finished piece later.

just my two cents...

Postby Total100 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:39 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

Zjacklee wrote:Nice dude! I really like this piece. Probably my favorite from your drawings! :D
The expressions, the playfulness, nice body.

Good job bro. Now if you can nail it with the colors, that would be awesome. don't just burn tool it. ;P
Also a tip to your shading.... let them follow the muscle shapes. consider a few different types of shadow. ( depending on what kind of lightsource you have here though )
the soft and the hard shadow, occlusion shadows etc etc.

Also, is it intentional or are the scissors reversed? xD

p.s. that's a dangerous adventure. Wild mad pussy and scissors! hallo masochists! 8-) xD

also, don't leave the cat's tail with those construction lines. it does suggest something a bit more mature. if you know what i mean. :P

oh the tail. i missed that :shock:
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,
Here is my sketchbook= viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2900 :)

Postby marvel57 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:45 pm

marvel57

Calling Dr. Freud! :lol:

Postby Brian Kouhi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Brian Kouhi

marvel57 wrote:Calling Dr. Freud! :lol:

Bahahahaha
Hey guys! I'm Brian Kouhi, 20 years old, and attending at OCAD University of Art, Just started 3rd Year, majoring in Digital Painting & Expanded Animation

Postby Waveloop » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Waveloop

Zjacklee wrote:Nice dude! I really like this piece. Probably my favorite from your drawings! :D

Seriously... a half an hour drawing... :evil:
your favorite drawing... ok I'm packing and leaving... :|

I put hours on other stuff in vain... I mite as well be drawing just pin ups... hell I got a bunch of them in stock, and this isn't even the best one. :lol:

oh well , what ca one do :roll:

I'm glad you like it :lol:

I'll do a pin up expo just for you one of this days. I rally do have a lot of them in that style... well sketches anyway

Postby Zjacklee » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Zjacklee

Waveloop wrote:

Seriously... a half an hour drawing... :evil:
your favorite drawing... ok I'm packing and leaving... :|

I put hours on other stuff in vain... I mite as well be drawing just pin ups... hell I got a bunch of them in stock, and this isn't even the best one. :lol:

oh well , what ca one do :roll:

I'm glad you like it :lol:

I'll do a pin up expo just for you one of this days. I rally do have a lot of them in that style... well sketches anyway

Hahaha, sorry dude. :P
But think of it this way... there is a difference between your best drawing and my favorite drawing.
favoritism is about the subject, mood and just general look and a matter of taste... so don't take it the wrong way. :)
and a pin up expo sounds like my kind of party. 8-)
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby Waveloop » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Waveloop

Zjacklee wrote:
Hahaha, sorry dude. :P
But think of it this way... there is a difference between your best drawing and my favorite drawing.
favoritism is about the subject, mood and just general look and a matter of taste... so don't take it the wrong way. :)
and a pin up expo sounds like my kind of party. 8-)

dude I was messing with you ;)

Of all the crap I've doe the drawings I like most are actually the simpler ones.

But I'll do a big pin up expo in my sketchbook :D

Postby Waveloop » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Waveloop

alnoth wrote:manet painted the girl, which at that time was seen as vulgar and obscene... rumor has it, someone saw it in his studio and said "...all she needs is a black hairy pussy..." so manet added the cat (in french the words are interchangeable like in english). so much for the rumor - but analysis shows full colors beneath the cat, so whether true or not, the cat was added on to the finished piece later.

just my two cents...

I've heard this story... It's freaking hilarious :lol:

Return to Critique This!