Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Aangkat » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Aangkat

Subject title: Head Critique

Can you tell me somethings about this pictures?

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:54 pm

Ambiguity

The left one is pretty good except for the eyelids missing depth, you should be able to see the bottom of the top lid and the top of the bottom lid.

The right one has more issues, in addition to the eyelid problem there is also perspective and proportion problems. The eyes and brows aren't on the same plane, and the forehead is too small. I think your ears and hair could use some more attention as well, you'll probably need to do some studies to get that right though; ProkoTV on YouTube is a good resource for that sort of stuff.

Postby Zjacklee » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Zjacklee

What bothers me from the head on the right side is that the ear seems way too much far away to the back.
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby Cabla » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:41 pm

Cabla

You are getting the basic forms down and you seem to understand how to shade each one. However, you are not quite getting them to look correct together. What I mean by that is you are not getting correct proportion or perspective. For example, look at the eyes on the right figures head. The eyes are too big to be realistic (I am supposing you are going for a more realistic look), and our left eye is higher up on the face than the other. Still, you do have a good idea on how everything should look. You just need to practice with focusing on how the features interact with each other.

Postby gx31619 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 pm

gx31619

this is from riven phoenix video on the structure of the man right?
u should be drawing something on your own and find its critique because whats the point of getting critique on someone else work?
this is just my opinion

Return to Critique This!