Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Clutch » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:33 am

Clutch

Subject title: Snarky Alien

This is my first real digital drawing. I'm primarily a designer, but I've been following Sycra for over two years, and I finally tried to put his lessons to work. Seeing as it's my first, I'm pretty happy, but it's evident that I need A LOT of practice

Postby Clutch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Clutch

Also, I give Sycra permission to use this in a video critique, in fact, I would be grateful for one! I need all the help I can get.

Postby Sycra » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:15 am

Sycra
Site Admin

Because it's only your first time drawing on a computer, I wouldn't really give any critiques. It's just too soon. You need to be doing many drawings. In the beginning you will have a lot of problems, but because you're just starting out, you'll be able to solve these just by doing more drawings. After you have done a lot of drawings on the computer, and you find that you're getting stuck and don't know what to do to improve, that's why you should ask for critiques. But after your first drawing on computer, it's still too soon to be asking for crits. As you said, right now you just need more practice.

Return to Critique This!