Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Raffa » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Raffa

Subject title: My last work

Hi to all ^_^ I'm new here, and I found this place through the Sycra channel on YT :)
I saw the interesting "critique videos" and I really would like to have some critiques on my works if you can >.<
I always drew since I was a child, and from the high school (now I'm 24) I started to concentre on manga/anime style...I started before to colour my sketch on pc with mouse, then I got a Volito Wacom (tha for me in that time was an high result XD) and I started to draw on pc, but since the sensibility was really low, I developed a paths - tecnique that gave me the possibility to draw directly, but every work take me many days to finish -.-
Now, this christams finally I had got a Intuos4 L...and this is totaly another story *_*
So, I'm here with these my last work, because this tablet is much better, but with it I had to change totally my drawings tecnique and so I'm trying to find my "new style" :) For these reason I'd like to have some critiques, to understand where I have to improve !
Ok, I wrote too much :p
This is the thubnail, if you click it, you could see the original work on DA:

Here there is also the speedrawing video, if you want take a look >.<

Anyway any info about the drawing is in the DA description :)

ps: Sycra if you want to use it for made one of your video, I'll be very happy >.<

Postby Stoyben » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:41 am

Stoyben

I feel that the lens flare is too "powerful". I'm concentrating more on the lens flare than the girl. If you just tone down the background a little she would "pop" a lot more.
You can't spell earth without art.

Postby Roger » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:13 am

Roger

I'm looking at your drawing and I am lost. What exactly is the vocal point? Wheres the parts where my eye can ease off without being guided into another focal point? Also, having the girl off centered is good, but when you have that bright light near the center, it'll attract a lot of attention and most viewers will neglect the girl(until they notice her).
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11 Come visit my Sketchbook!

Postby Raffa » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:56 am

Raffa

So one of the problems is that the girl is too much "blend" with the background? Mmmm...maybe it's the "blue" coloration that I added at the end of the work...what should I do? Add more brightness details on her for example?

Postby MrNickBarker » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:27 pm

MrNickBarker

Beside what the others said abut the lens flare drawing too much attention, the shadows seem to be off. The light source is directly below her but there aren't any shadows to indicate that. For example, the left hand and adjacent part of hair would receive a lot less light. Also a side note, in space shadows tend to get sharp as there is nothing around for the light to bounce of off and diffuse them.

Really like your style, keep up the good work :)

Return to Critique This!