Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Nipponkage » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:44 am

Nipponkage

Subject title: Frendly Comparason

My friend asked me to put his up for you to critique it. He says he might join if he gets some useful opinions.
Here it is
I can already tell that the (what do you call it?) the yellow bit of armor going up from his wrist to his elbow is not the same on either side.

but while we are here why not make a comparason between (artistic) amatures

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Ambiguity

Well, there is quite a lot technically wrong with it wrong with it. There are anatomy issues like there being no trapezius muscle, and the abdominals being circles instead of more rectangular(they aren't actually rectangles, but that's the best I can describe the shape). There are rendering issues like everything being rendered exactly the same with hardly any value change, and no sense of where light would hit, it's all kind of "pillow" shaded; the colors also all have the same high saturation(a super common mistake). I could go on, but yeah...

I think he's kind of in the same boat you are, I'd suggest all the same to him that we suggested to you in your bird handler critique thread.

Postby Zjacklee » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Zjacklee

I agree with Ambiguity. The anatomy seems off in many ways. There is almost no value change so I can't even say it's actually shaded.
I'd suggest you guys to start off doing some copy work at the beginning. As in, just draw stuff you see...as practice, and then slowly start adding stuff together from your imagination.
My ideas on drawing are pretty simple. If you can't see it, you can not draw it. If you cannot visualize it, you can not draw it. Drawing stuff you see first will train you to start seeing. (seeing what you can't see yet for instance. It's hard to describe but it's a skill you awaken by drawing and practicing a lot)
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Return to Critique This!