Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Duman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Duman

Subject title: Values and stuff

Hi guys, I'm posting a speed paint that I finished minutes ago. I know that I have problems with the anatomy but I want to focus your critiques on something else.
I really suck in coloring and finding correct values, so I will appreciate any advices that you can share about that.

Thank you. ;)

Postby plixik » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:10 pm

plixik

I would suggest you go further with the rendering first. For starters though, you need way darker darks, as you have almost none. Even if you are going for a cell shaded look, you still need to get much darker and wrap them around the body to show the form better.

Postby Sycra » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Sycra
Site Admin

If your main issue is values, I really recommend working in black and white first, then worry about color. It looks like you are missing a lot of darker values, or dark accent values.

Postby Duman » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Duman

Hi guys. Thanks for your advices. Obviously I'm doing the whole thing totally wrong. I will try to follow what you have written and as soon as I have something done, I will update this topic.

Thanks again.

Return to Critique This!