Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Nipponkage » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am

Nipponkage

Subject title: Could you critique this for me please?!

This is one of my earlier works, an obviously it could use alot of work. But I was wondering if you could point this out that I may have missed. Also please don't suger-coat anything.
img040.jpg

Postby Fenix_N » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Fenix_N

One of Link's arm is longer than the other. I think you could use some more practice drawing hands.

Postby Nipponkage » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Nipponkage

Fenix_N wrote:One of Link's arm is longer than the other. I think you could use some more practice drawing hands. :roll:

I agree. Thanks :)

Postby cvh » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:51 pm

cvh

maybe you should practice anatomy in general. There are some great tutorials out there! But I guess theres only one thing you can do to improve on that: practice, draw and sketch as much as you can/want to (it should be fun after all) :)
[continues to draw portraits until the end of time because she just can't be bothered to draw anything else ever]
Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2147
http://charlotvanh.deviantart.com | http://charlotvanh.com

Postby Minako008 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Minako008

Agree with cvh. You have some issues with anatomy and you really need to take care of that first, dont confuse yourself with drawing clothes at this stage. First learn to draw body, then draw clothes on them. I understand that you wanted to draw fanart, its okay to draw something for your own fun sometimes, but keep in mind that you need to learn basics.

Postby Minako008 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:53 pm

Minako008

As for their clothes, google some images of real clothes, you see that folds don't form like that. Actually don't use so many folds, especially if you just started. It unnecessary for most of the time to draw too many folds. But again, depends in material and cloth.

Return to Critique This!