Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby azkyeh » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:16 am

azkyeh

Subject title: Anatomy/Proportions/Posing

Fairly new to this kind of art. Studying my way into, idk proportions are somewhat settling in and anatomy is still a long way from being perfect. I try posing things cleaner but idk i can't seem to nail things on my first try and always have extra pencil markings. Also i don't think i ever erased anything on this paper. Any critiques are welcome and video critique is also great even though i doubt theres much to talk about in something like this

Also its done on paper and excuse me for the messy-ness xD
Untitled-1.jpg

Postby azkyeh » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:30 am

azkyeh

Cleaned it up a bit. Im pretty sure my shading is horrible but i still need to do studies on light so far i just did it on what seems right!

*edit i put a bit of gray so its easier on the eyes

*double edit, Forgot to mention even though im sure most figured it out that I just did this on photoshop with my mouse
Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Postby MrNickBarker » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 am

MrNickBarker

On the left character the right arm is too long, and the right leg is too short. The hips are pretty narrow.

On the right character the right shoulder seems to be in front of his body. The stomach to pecks ratio and thigh to calf ratio seems a bit off.

On both of the characters the feet are to short/small.

I suggest you use some reference material to practice. It will make it easier on you and the drawings will have better proportions.

Postby azkyeh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 am

azkyeh

MrNickBarker wrote:On the left character the right arm is too long, and the right leg is too short. The hips are pretty narrow.

On the right character the right shoulder seems to be in front of his body. The stomach to pecks ratio and thigh to calf ratio seems a bit off.

On both of the characters the feet are to short/small.

I suggest you use some reference material to practice. It will make it easier on you and the drawings will have better proportions.

sweet thanks, and yeah i haven't done any sort of studies on feet, hands, and faces at all yet and i have very minimal understanding of the rest. I find making things look "behind" or further way tough, i guess its mostly a POV thing and ill get better with practice

Return to Critique This!