Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby ellabell78 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:06 pm

ellabell78

Subject title: shading critique (You can use this for a video critique)

as the the title says, i give you permission.
it's a redraw of an old one :)

Postby Waveloop » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 am

Waveloop

Before shading, I think there are some other, more important things that need attention. I can tell, you´re going for exaggerated, even deformed... but if you don´t follow some rules, you won´t be able to pull it of. For example her arms are way to small. If you extend the right arm along side her body it wont even touch her pelvis. her left hand is really big, and it creeps me out :D ... the knees are looking too weird, you should use reference for those. I mean the intention is cool, you could pull this one of, but even in exaggerating, and deforming if you don´t keep harmony, it will just look bad. My suggestion would be.. try and be a little more conservative in proportion, and it will look better.

I don´t know... is your intention to draw a doll, like a toy doll...?? kuz then it would make a little sense. I´ve seen dool with those kinda knees and then the disproportion could be justified ...but again... without context one will never conclude that for sure.

Return to Critique This!