Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby MrNickBarker » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:13 pm

MrNickBarker

Subject title: Opinions, advice, onions?

Hello everybody,

this is my first post here and I would like to get some opinions and advice about my work.

To see some more you can check out my DA page http://mrnickbarker.deviantart.com/.

This image was done with pencil, scanned and traced in sketchbook.
P.S. Sycra you can use it for a video critique if you wish.

Carneys.png

Postby BleedingProse » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:11 pm

BleedingProse

First, I want to start off by saying that I love this drawing! It's full of life and movement. I feel that the characters are very well drawn and the only thing that I can think of that might improve on the image would be some sort of background. Even though you put some shadow beneath their feet they just don't feel anchored in any way. They're sort of just floating through all their boisterous merrymaking. Maybe you could play around with some sort of background, something that gives a sense of perspective to the image. Why are they so happy? Are they at a party? Are they a traveling band of gypsies?

Not that good of a crit, but I honestly loved this drawing. Was this intended to be the final product?

Postby MrNickBarker » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:38 pm

MrNickBarker

I agree about the background, but I wanted to practice drawing characters. This was more of a test than a "standalone" piece.

The picture started with just the man, then I added the others one by one. The line would have probably been longer but the page is only so wide ;)

Thanks for the input!

Return to Critique This!