Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Sleepiestbun » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:05 am

Sleepiestbun

Subject title: redraw, trying to improve!!

hey im curious to see what people think about this! ive redrawn this a couple times and i wanna know what else i could improve on!

awefceg.png

123123123.png

redraww.png

ty<3
my art blog! sleepyseaslug.tumblr.com

Postby bosinpai » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:33 am

bosinpai

Nice progress!

To me it's not clear what he/she's doing with the jar.

In addition, in the last piece, I think the other jars are a bit too blended in the background, maybe they deserve a large outline.

Postby ang3l » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:56 am

ang3l

in the most recent..

- i like the foreground stuff
- i like the way you've drawn two sweeping lines in the main jar

- the legs are awkwardly placed and look uncomfortable, i actually prefer the legs in the 2nd image. Maybe try either moving the feet outwards so it looks more balanced, or you could have the legs in a more relaxed position
- I agree with the last comment about what exactly the character is doing with the jar, they look confused and scared, why? you might be able to tell more of a story, maybe put something in the jar that they are afraid of, idk
- if youre planning on doing more attempts, do some small thumbnail sketches and experiment with the composition, try moving the character or jars around and see what looks best
- try using even darker colours in the very background and the very foreground? the lightest colour is the white hair, so the darkest i assume should be /nearly/ black (this is just a guess, idk much about values)

Return to Critique This!